Australian Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)
This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) have an extended holiday in Australia and work in Australia to help fund their trip.
From 15 December 2021, fully vaccinated eligible visa holders (subclasses 462) can come to Australia without needing to apply for a travel exemption.
12 months with posibility to extend in Australia.
This visa and your 12 months stay start on the date you enter or transit through Australia.
Time you spend outside Australia after your first entry does not extend the visa’s 12-month validity period.
With this visa you can:
- do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
- study for up to 4 months
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- do 3 months of specified subclass 462 work to become eligible for a 2nd work and holiday visa
- have a passport from an eligible country
- meet education requirement
- have Functional english
- be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive)
- apply from outside Australia
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- meet health and character requriements
You must be a citizen of and hold a valid passport from one of these countries:
China, People’s Republic of
Switzerland (from 1 Jan 2022)
United States of America
Contact the registered migration agent at Visa Lounge Immigration to prepare and lodge your Australian Work and Holiday visa application.