In a joint media release, a new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) has been announced to fill urgent skills needs in critical sectors.
The PMSOL is based on advice from the National Skills Commission and will be reviewed regularly.
The existing skilled occupation lists will remain active and related visa applications will continue to be processed, but priority will be given to those in occupations on the PMSOL.
The travel exemption provisions have been expanded to include this new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). This will allow a limited number of sponsored skilled workers access to travel exemptions in order to assist with Australia’s COVID health response and economic recovery.
The 17 occupations on the PMSOL were chosen by the National Skills Commission, in consultation with the relevant Commonwealth agencies, to reflect current labour market trends and skill demands.
The 17 occupations which qualify for a travel exemption are:
• Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
• Construction Project Manager (133111)
• Mechanical Engineer (233512)
• General Practitioner (253111)
• Resident Medical Officer (253112)
• Psychiatrist (253411)
• Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
• Midwife (254111)
• Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
• Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
• Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
• Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
• Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
• Registered Nurses nec (254499)
• Developer Programmer (261312)
• Software Engineer (261313)
• Maintenance Planner (312911)
This cohort will still be subject to a strict 14 days quarantine on arrival at their own expense.
Labour Marketing Testing – Additional Requirement
Unless an exemption or alternative evidence applies, sponsors are required to evidence labour market testing efforts when lodging a Subclass 457/482 or Subclass 494 nomination application.
Nomination applications lodged after 30 September 2020 must include evidence of advertising on the Australian Government’s Jobactive website, in addition to at least 2 advertisements on one or more of the following mediums:
All three advertisements must:
This requirement will apply to all nominated occupations, not just those on the PMSOL.
Please speak with us if you require further information about these changes.
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute legal advice. For more detailed and case specific information or advice, please contact the visa team at VISA LOUNGE.