Parent Visa Australia Contributory options for Parents to migrate to Australia
Who is the Parent Visa Australia Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa Subclass 864 for?
If you are a parent of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia, the parent visa Australia Contributory Parent (Permanent) Visa will allow you to permanently live in Australia. It is suitable for applicants who are eligible for the Australia age pension.
WHO CAN SPONSOR ME?
Being a sponsorship based visa, applicants must be sponsored by their child, or spouse of one of their children. It is preferred that your sponsor is above the age of 18 and is a settled Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. However, there are circumstances where a child under the age of 18 can be your sponsor.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A CONTRIBUTORY AGED PARENT 864 VISA?
You will need to demonstrate that you meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Have an eligible sponsor who is willing to provide support for at least two years
- Be old enough to qualify for the age pension in Australia
- Be eligible to obtain an Assurance of Support
- Meet the health and character requirements
- If you do not hold a temporary parent visa you must satisfy the above requirements and also meet the balance-of-family test by having at least half of your children residing permanently in Australia, or the majority of your children residing permanently in Australia
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
As assessment of eligibility occurs on a case-by-case basis and varies on the applicant’s circumstances, the time it takes for the Department to process you application will also vary.
It is understandable that there are circumstances that will impact the processing time of your visa applications, which may be out of your control. These include the time for external agencies, namely health and police services, and the Government, to conduct checks and provide supporting information.
While the above circumstances are unavoidable, there are some factors which will ensure you a faster processing time. These include:
- Lodging a complete parent visa application, attached with all of the necessary supporting documents.
- Being prompt in responding to any additional information the Department of Home Affairs requests.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE TO APPLY FOR A CONTRIBUTORY AGED PARENT 864 VISA?
Our team of expert immigration specialist will work with you every step of the way and have devised a step-by-step process to ensure your parent visa application is processed as fast as possible.
- Schedule a free consultation with our team of expert migration agents, where we will assess and advise you on the Australian parent visa option that best suits you.
- At this stage, we will gather and prepare all of the documentation as well as perform any additional checks that are required to lodge a visa application.
- After preparing everything the next step is to apply to the Department of Home Affairs and lodge your application in a timely manner.
- In the meantime, if you are an onshore applicant you will be granted a bridging visa until your current visa expires. This will give you the right to stay in Australia until the outcome of your 864 visa is decided.
- Finally, we will notify you of the outcome. If granted, you will become a permanent resident and receive the rights listed below.
ENTITLEMENTS OF THE PERMANENT CONTRIBUTORY AGED PARENT VISA
The Permanent parent visa Australia Contributory Aged Parent visa will grant you permanent residence in Australia. It will allow you and your eligible family members:
- The right to stay in Australia indefinitely.
- Work and study rights in Australia.
- The opportunity to enrol in Medicare – Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- Apply for Australian citizenship once you become eligible
- Travel to and from Australia for up to five years.
- Social security payments after certain waiting periods have passed.
CAN I INCLUDE MY FAMILY MEMBERS ON MY VISA APPLICATION?
Upon lodging your application you may include your partner, child, step-child or your partner’s child or step-child on your application. If granted, your family members will receive the same rights and obligations as you.
This visa comes with very high visa lodgement fees, approximately AUD$100,000 for two parents, if you do not have access to this amount of money, there are other parent visa options available such as aged parent or long-term sponsored tourist visas.
Contact Visa Lounge immigration experts today to discuss the best parent visa option and migration plan and start preparing your Australian parent visa application.