South Australia Skilled Migration Program 2022-23
South Australia Skilled Migration Program 2022-23 is open from 25 August 2022.
The state skilled migration program’s interim nomination allocation is 2,700 places for visa subclass 190 skilled nominated and 3,180 places for visa subclass 491 skilled regional provisional.
The new skilled occupation list is one of the most extensive in the country.
The skills shortage is planned to be completed by talented offshore candidates and onshore migrants currently living and working in South Australia.
The number of open occupations for offshore candidates reached pre-pandemic levels.
The state government has released an updated occupation list that included more than 500 occupations. It is quite complicated and multi-level.
There are indicated eligible streams and additional requirements for candidate experience and location for each particular occupation in the list.
South Australia will prioritize skilled migrant nominations:
- With experience in high-demand industries (Health, ICT, Education, Engineering, Agribusiness and Trades);
- Who can apply their skills in growing industries (Hi-Tech / Digital, Health and Life Sciences, Green Energy, Defence, Space and Cyber Security).
South Australian government is focused on onshore migrants living and working in state and skilled offshore candidates who can fill critical shortages.
In general, the SA skilled program can be divided into 6 streams:
- South Australian Graduates, including High Performing Graduates
- Working in South Australia
- The Outer Regional South Australia
- Highly skilled and Talented
- Long-term residents
- Offshore applicants
South Australia has also received an interim allocation of 70 Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) nomination places from the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs and will open the state nominated BIIP program on Thursday 8 September 2022.
Business Innovation Stream (Subclass 188A) applicants will be required to submit an ‘Intention to apply’ (ITA) for consideration.
ITAs from high quality applicants who can create genuine and sustainable business opportunities in South Australia may be invited to apply for state nomination;
- Investor Stream (Subclass 188B) and Significant Investor Stream (Subclass 188C) applicants will be assessed on their merits and the broader benefit to South Australia; and
- Entrepreneur Stream (Subclass 188E) applicants require the endorsement of an approved Service Provider before lodging a state nomination application.
You can access the official announcement regarding Business Innovation and Investment Program the from Migration SA here
The skilled visa application and migration process to South Australia is one of the most complex, it requires the applicant to meet various requirements and provide many supporting visa documents. It is vital to understand the state nomination and skilled migration visa requirements in order to succesfuly migrate to Australia.
South Australia is one of the seven Australian states and Adelaide is the capital city. The state is famous for his wineries, vineyards and it is the fourth-largest of Australia’s states by area and second smallest by population.
For a comprehensive assessment of your eligibility for an Australian skilled independent visa, skilled nominated visa or business and investment visa, please contact VISA LOUNGE via the online enquiry form.